The profession of Web-designer was born in the early ‘90s with the emergence of the world computer network. Since then, the first websites began to appear on the internet, and to attract attention to them, their owners entrusted their design to a professional.
A web designer is a specialist who creates websites, has artistic taste and knowledge of internet technology.
This is a relatively young, dynamic profession. A web designer uses markup, special programs, and programming languages, designs the logical structure of web pages to create a user-friendly interface, and does the artistic design.
What is a web design?
It is obvious that good design affects the attractiveness of the site and profits. Therefore, a good specialist must know the current web technologies and have good taste. Nowadays, design services are provided by special companies and freelancers.
Web design is a branch of web development and a type of design aimed at creating a visual language (can include different types of graphics: photos, illustrations, etc.). Web designers create the structure of web pages, think through the user-friendly functionality and make the artistic design of the project.
The site designer can create any layout for:
- business cards or a lending website;
- online shop or corporate website;
- logos or advertising banner;
- email distribution templates.
The main purpose of such designs is to draw the audience’s attention to a product, service, or person. From this, we can conclude that Web design is a step by step web design.
What should know a web designer?
Due to increased demand on the Internet, increases the need for website design, which entails an increase in the number of web designers. Such a specialist can become a person who has no specialized education.
What does a web designer need to know:
- How to properly approach any design work;
- The basics of HTML layout;
- color management, composition, and typography;
- trends and insights;
- web design software (Adobe Illustrator, Fireworks CS4, Photoshop, CorelDraw);
- ability to create interfaces and prototypes;
- rules of typography and internet marketing.
It is desirable for a web designer to know and have:
- current trends in graphic web design;
- experience in website testing and promotion;
- a set of plugins and templates (like free magazine mockup);
- have a sense of style and a broad outlook;
- The desire to continuously evolve.
Web designer not only draws but also participates in the creation of software for the site, because of which it can be called a programmer.
What does a web designer actually do?
Web-designer should have exceptional originality to make a unique and recognizable website while taking into account the specifics of its content and features of its search engine promotion.
The minimum working process of web-designer looks like this:
drafting the terms of reference (planning the goals and structure of the site);
Creating a layout with all the details,
the development of a unique web design;
Optimizing graphics and by.
Duties of a web design specialist:
The main task of a web designer is to launch a project on his own, or with a team (manager, analyst, and developer).
If you break down what he does, his responsibilities will include:
- defining the goals and functions of the website;
- Planning the structure of the site (content, navigation, forms of presentation);
- Web page design and its components in accordance with an elaborate scheme;
- Preparation of layouts of the site, its pages, sections, and other elements;
- adapting the site to all operational device systems (computers, tablets, or smartphones)
- updating and upgrading the document;
- working with processing applications;
- writing the software and code for the page.
As a result, the web designer receives a graphic package of files, with the design of the pages of the future site, and then has to check the created site for errors and its trouble-free display on different devices.
Depending on his skills, the web designer may also be responsible for creating banners, presentations, and applications. When working with more complex sites, the specialist defines the strategy, the site map, and its architecture, and only after that begins to create the layout.
Top 10 Website development companies in India 2023
Stock Market | FinancialContent Business Page
5 Web Design Trends to Watch in 2023